Twitter Handle

Thursday, June 13, 2013

Official ENDO 2013 Blogger

Thank you to the Endocrine Society for giving me the opportunity to blog about the upcoming ENDO 2013 conference in San Francisco. I am  lucky in that I arrived in San Francisco about 365 days ago to start my fellowship, so I have gathered a lot of experience about the city in preparation for the conference. As a result, I can say 5 things for certain about San Francisco:

1.) Yes, it really is cold even in June, so pack accordingly!

2.) The city is unique and beautiful. I know the conference is going to be great, but be sure to give yourself a little time to explore the area.

3.) Yes, wine country is just up the road.

4.) The Ferry Building at the end of Market Street (moderate walk from Moscone Center) has an amazing Farmer's Market on Saturday.

5.) The hills can be brutal, so bring your walking shoes

On a more serious note, I have been assigned to blog about pediatric endocrinology and "obesity, adipocyte biology, and appetite." I will be writing on these subjects each day and tweeting as well! Be sure to follow me @FightChildDM

See you in San Fran!

No comments:

Post a Comment