Twitter Handle

Tuesday, September 1, 2009

90%?

While this post is not about the rumored Apple tablet PC, I do find it pretty cool and maybe it would even have possible benefits to the healthcare industry. Today in the ER, I asked one of the financial experts and she claimed that 90%, yes 90% of the ER visits to our Pediatric ER get paid for! I was shocked by this number...could it actually be this high? I do think that it is good that the hospital is actually getting paid when kids come in with nothing, there needs to be a line drawn. Maybe you should be charged for ER visits that could be seen at your community MD. I still am amazed by how many people actually have primary doctors and yet they do not actually go to them! They only go for well child visits. I don't know, once again it all seems wrong to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment